- per property over 5 years
Source: Water UK; England and Wales
By 2020 customers will benefit from substantial improvements in areas of service that really matter to them, including:
- more than 370 million litres a day saved by tackling leakage and promoting water efficiency – enough water saved to serve all of the homes in Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds
- a reduction in the time lost to supply interruptions (down on average 32%)
- 4,700 fewer properties flooded by sewer water
- cleaner water at more than 50 beaches.
Also, the number of people getting help to pay their bill from their water company is due to more than double to around 1.8 million by 2020.